My guy kind of kicked me out yesterday, but it was with good intentions. He said I needed to get out of the house because I was pacing the house and saying negative stuff. So he gave me a few child-free hours to do what I wanted.
I went to Barnes and Noble to indulge in tea and write, and it was the best thing I've done this month.
Let me start by saying the creative process is heightened when sitting in a bookstore cafe. Just seeing all those books in print really help me be able to "see" mine alongside them. It was beautiful.
So here's my update:
- I went over beta notes and edited the short story for the Mental Health anthology.
- I planned a short story for the A Stab in the Dark crime anthology.
- I re-read Hamlet to be able to incorporate it in the short story.
Not too shabby for two and a half hours! Hopefully, I can continue this creative surge today.
Plans this week:
- Edit novella for client.
- Write the short story for A Stab in the Dark anthology - estimated 7,000 words.
- Write the short story for Pride Park anthology - estimated 4,000 words.
- Edit the short story for Gratitude anthology